Freelance: 19 Sites & Various Free Ebooks
Freelancer is basically a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job, etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer. In other words, a freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. By taking the time to determine your ability to be a successful freelance artist and then thoughtfully setting up your business, you can start freelancing and enjoy a rewarding career.
According to salary.com, the median salary (for employees) ranges from about $51,000 to about $76,000 USD depending on level of experience. While the average income of freelance developers isn’t readily available information, we’ve seen some people claim that you can earn up to $150,000 USD as a freelance web developer.
Setting it up and closing clients
are the bigger obstacles that you’ll face along the way.
“Once you’ve completed your morning routine, had breakfast, clarified your daily goals, etc… it’s time to get into work mode. The goal is to remove yourself from distractions and prepare to focus on doing work. Whether you’re working at home or in an office, it helps to create a routine that clearly signifies this change. Once you have those mental blinders in place, you can step away from all things not related to work and get down to business.” – Mason Hipp
If you’re interested in pursuing a career or a job on a freelance basis, this step-by-step approach is relatively simple to remember, but the practical part, setting it up and closing clients are the bigger obstacles that you’ll face along the way. Some of the ways on how to do it include:-
- Define your goals
- Find and research a profitable niche that you’re good at
- Do your homework and find the right clients for your business
- Set strategic, competitive and attractive prices for your time and services
- Get a website up and build your portfolio
- Create examples, outline case studies and list of services that you can deliver
- First set of clients are essential – choose wisely
- Create a blog and post frequently, sharing your ideas and give away free stuffs
- Identify your strengths and learn how to pitch them to your potential clients
- If you’ve a day job, keep it with your freelance work separate at all times
- Prepare and equip yourself with proper documentations, proposal templates, and relevant paperworks so that you don’t have to rush at the very last minute.
“When your livelihood depends on self-imposed productivity, you either get good at it or you find yourself in mounds of debt.” – Nacie Carson, The Finch Effect
We have prepared all the download links as accessible as possible for your convenience below. Just click and download. Some may ask for your email address before getting to the download link.
- The Complete Guide to Freelancing by Brie Weiler Reynolds (No longer free)
- The Complete Guide to Freelancing by Brie Weiler Reynolds (31 pages – PDF)
- Tips, Tricks & Other Info About Becoming a Successful Freelancer by Samed’s Blog (43 pages – PDF)
- Free Ebooks for Writers (Dozens of free ebooks – PDF)
- 10 (Plus) Great Free eBooks for Freelancers by Laura Spencer (10 free ebooks – Various formats)
- Freelance Writing (3 free ebooks – PDF (Zipped))
- Guide to Successful Online Freelancing (26 pages – PDF)
- Web Designer’s Success Guide – How to Profit from Freelance Web Design by Kevin Airgid (81 pages – PDF)
- 10 Free Ebooks for Web Designers, Developers and Freelancers (Various formats)
- Writing Inspirations, Self-Publishing Tips and Tricks & Freelancing Guides & Tricks (10 free ebooks – Various formats)
- How to be a Freelance Graphic Designer – Tips, Ideas, and Advice For Building Your Design Business by SomeDesignBlog.com (42 pages – PDF)
- Starting An Online Business From Scratch – An Ebook for Aspiring Entrepreneurs (Requires registration – PDF)
- Headlines That Sell – Fill-in-the-blank Headlines for Freelance Copywriters (17 pages – PDF)
- How to Be a Freelance Writer by Angela Hoy (56 pages – PDF)
- Using Mastermind Groups to Build Your Freelance Web Design Business (MP3)
- 11 Websites to Find Freelance Writing Jobs (Online Article)
- Top 5 TED Talks for Freelancers & Entrepreneurs (Youtube)
- Free Tools For Freelance Writers: Learning Tools by Alicia Sparks (Online Article)
- Be A Freelance Writer (Blog)
By taking the time to determine your ability to be a successful freelance artist and then thoughtfully setting up your business,
you can start freelancing and enjoy a rewarding career.
We hope you’ve benefited greatly from the list of free ebooks above. If you’re a seasoned freelancer from any industry and wish to share a tip or two, feel free to leave your comment below for the rest to benefit from. And if you happen to know other freelance free ebooks which we’ve missed, do leave your comment as well. We wish you the best of luck in your freelance business, and remember, nothing’s easy at first, but with determination and by not giving up, you’ll reach to your destination. Keep it up!
You may want to explore more free ebooks closely related to this topic, which you can find through the links below:-