The Deno Handbook: A Concise Introduction to Deno
Let’s start from a quick list of the features I like the most about Deno:
- It has an extensive standard library
- It has TypeScript at its core, which brings a huge advantage in many different ways, including a first-class TypeScript support (you don’t have to separately compile TypeScript, it’s automatically done by Deno)
- It embraces ES modules
- It has no package manager
- It has a first-class await
- It as a built-in testing facility
- It aims to be browser-compatible as much as it can, for example by providing a built-in fetch and the global window object
LOVE BOOKWORM VIDEOS?
Watch videos about books, reading and writing. Expect weird, amazing, never known before facts and many more.