John | Apr 23, 2020 | 0
Out There by Lonely Planet
Very sadly, the coronavirus pandemic has led to the closure of Lonely Planet’s UK magazine. Here’s a parting gift from their exceptionally talented team: a free eBook of 12 beautiful, previously unpublished features. Available only briefly – please share! This ebook is basically a collection of twelve previously unpublished features from the team that brought you Lonely Planet magazine, ready for when it’s time to head out and see the world again. This 78 page PDF covers the following topics:-
- A stony heart is a matter of pride on one show-stopping Croatian island.
- Hiddensee: the Baltic refuge that only German beachgoers know about.
- Beauty at the extremes of life in the desert landscapes of Namibia.
- Giddy feelings in the Trentino Dolomites, where Italy meets the Alps.
- Alaska’s marine highway is both a visitor spectacle and a local lifeline.
- Cycling where trains once ran along the greenways of Andalucía in southern Spain.
- Discover interwoven cultures and surprising nature in Abu Dhabi.
- San Fran to LA: an all-star Californian itinerary along the surf-tossed Pacific.
- Find solitude of the best kind on a snowshoe trek through the wildest part of the Catalan Pyrenees.
- Norway’s ocean-skirting Kystriksveien is a road that defies geography.
- Get an autumn flavour of Latvia on a road trip around the country.
- No sun, no problem: Sweden above the Arctic Circle is illuminating even in deepest winter.
Interested in videos created exclusively for bookworms?
Watch videos about books, reading and writing. Expect weird, amazing, never known before facts and many more.