(Infographics) 8 Absolute Reasons Why You Should Read To Your Kids
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” – Emilie Buchwald
It was clear to me that there are benefits of reading to young children. Many of the benefits are hard to quantify, but they exist nonetheless. If a parent is taking the time to read to a child, that means that they are sitting together somewhere quiet and not using anything with a screen. It means the child is hearing words and connecting them with meanings. It means the child is seeing reading modeled regularly.
8 Absolute Reasons Why You Should Read To Your Kids
- Important part of brain development occurs within the first 3 years of a child’s life.
- Enhances vocabulary and other important communication skills.
- Develop pre-literacy skills by replacing smartphones and tablets with books, audiobooks, or word games.
- Learn your mother tounge faster & better.
- Improves pronounciation, always pronounce words properly when reading to them.
- Reading, as well as talking and singing increase the number of words that children hear in the earliest years of their lives.
- Reading aloud is also a way to pass the time for parents who find endless baby talk tiresome.
- Reading together as a daily fun family activity for a closer & stronger relationship.