John | Apr 17, 2020 | 0
High Performance Browser Networking
Performance is a feature. This book provides a hands-on overview of what every web developer needs to know about the various types of networks (WiFi, 3G/4G), transport protocols (UDP, TCP, and TLS), application protocols (HTTP/1.1, HTTP/2), and APIs available in the browser (XHR, WebSocket, WebRTC, and more) to deliver the best—fast, reliable, and resilient—user experience.
Author Ilya Grigorik, a web performance engineer at Google, demonstrates performance optimization best practices for TCP, UDP, and TLS protocols, and explains unique wireless and mobile network optimization requirements. You’ll then dive into performance characteristics of technologies such as HTTP 2.0, client-side network scripting with XHR, real-time streaming with SSE and WebSocket, and P2P communication with WebRTC.
- Deliver superlative TCP, UDP, and TLS performance
- Speed up network performance over 3G/4G mobile networks
- Develop fast and energy-efficient mobile applications
- Address bottlenecks in HTTP 1.x and other browser protocols
- Plan for and deliver the best HTTP 2.0 performance
- Enable efficient real-time streaming in the browser
- Create efficient peer-to-peer videoconferencing and low-latency applications with real-time WebRTC transports
“This book is required reading for anyone who cares about web performance; it’s already established as the go-to reference on the topic.” – Mark Nottingham (IETF HTTPBis Chair)
HTML / Web Serial / Online / Others
For all ebook readers.
MOBI / PRC
Mobipocket for Amazon Kindle
Most common ebook format.