36 Free Online Learning Resources and Platforms
A study by IBM reported that those enrolled in eLearning courses learn 5 times more material compared to traditional courses. eLearning has proven to be more versatile than traditional methods of teaching, this has been proven over the last couple of months due to the impact of Covid-19 on all types of education. Both traditional learning and online learning share the same objectives, they both want to create the best learning environment for the student. However, the question remains, does the benefits of eLearning tip the scales moving forward for shaping education.
Stuck at home and eager to learn something new? The good news is there are plenty of reputable places to educate yourself online for free, and here’s a good 36 of them to get you started. Our list of free online learning platforms offer classes you can take now from anywhere you wish at anytime you choose. The topics include Data Science, Classical Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning, Finance, Economics, Investing, Personal Finance and many more.
Classical Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Crash Course By Google – A 15 hour fast paced machine learning course by google which gives you a brief introduction about machine learning along with hands-on exercises and lectures form google researchers. It also includes introduction to TensorFlow for deep learning.
- Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition – This lecture collection is a deep dive into details of the deep learning architectures with a focus on learning end-to-end models for these tasks, particularly image classification. From this lecture collection, students will learn to implement, train and debug their own neural networks and gain a detailed understanding of cutting-edge research in computer vision.
- Neural Networks by 3Blue1Brown – A playlist containing 4 (four) videos about neural networks and their working. It gives a mathematical intution about neural networks and concepts like Gradient Descent and Backpropogation.
- Introduction to TensorFlow For Deep Learning – With this course you’ll learn how to build deep learning applications with TensorFlow. This course was developed by the TensorFlow team and Udacity as a practical approach to deep learning for software developers. You’ll get hands-on experience building your own state-of-the-art image classifiers and other deep learning models. You’ll also use your TensorFlow models in the real world on mobile devices, in the cloud, and in browsers. Finally, you’ll use advanced techniques and algorithms to work with large datasets. By the end of this course, you’ll have all the skills necessary to start creating your own AI applications.
- Deep Learning Specialization – This is one of the most recommended course for getting started with Deep Learning. Created by Andrew NG, you will learn the fundamentals of deep learning like how to make a neural network , CNN , LSTM, etc. Also this specialization contains hands-on exercises with python and TensorFlow. This is a specialization course containing 5 sub courses, you can enroll in any of them absolutely free.
- Introduction to Reinforcement Learning – With this free course you will explore the domain of reinforcement learning and how automated decisions are taken. you will get a deep understanding of how efficient the algorithms are for single and multi-agent planning as well as approaches to learning near-optimal decisions from experience.
- How the economic machine works by Ray Dalio – A primer on how the world economics works. This 30 minute video can be more insightful than an ecnomics class for some. It is made by the famous hedge fund manager Ray Dalio.
- Learn Value Investing like Warren Buffet by Sokhi Team (Mr. Chanpreet Singh) – This is a beginner friendly Stock Investing strategy by Sokhi Team (Mr. Chanpreet Singh) which helps a retail investor to apply basic investing strategy to pick fundamentally strong stocks for investing purpose.
- BabyPips – School of Pipsology – Learn forex trading from zero to expert level. Since this course focuses on core concepts as well, it can help with cryptocurrency and other trading as well.
- Crypto Trading Tutorials by Trading Room – Learn competent trading strategies from a veteran of crypto twitter. He also provides you with easy-to-use screeners to pick good setups.
- Official Blender Tutorials – Blender is an open source 3D computer graphics software. The blender team provides official tutorials for getting started with Blender. Check out the Blender Fundamentals playlist for a comprehensive quickstart.
- Duolingo – Duolingo is a popular web and mobile app to learn most languages. If you want one definitive resource to learn any language you want, check out Duolingo.
- Learn Sanskrit Android App by Amar D – A simple app that teaches from root words to more complex words. This is not a complete Sanskirt learning app but more of an intro to the Sanskrit language.
- Kopywriting Course – A 1 hour video course into copywriting. These doesn’t cover everything but give you a solid ground on copywriting. At the end, the author suggests books to learn more on the topic.
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing – A course designed by Google to help you understand the basic concepts of Digital Marketing and how to use it to grow your business exponentially. It also comes with a free certification.
- Vogella’s Android Tutorials – Lars Vogel’s article on Android Programming in Java are an industry standard. His website contains articles on Android Development from beginner to expert level. You can go through it in the order they are listed.
- Demonuts Android Tutorials – DemoNuts is an online publication which mainly publishes programming demos,tutorials and tips to get first step in programming world for students and developers.
- FreeCodeCamp Web Development curriculum – Learn HTML, CSS, JS and some advanced topics from the most popular online bootcamp. They also give you a free certificate for completing their training.
- Intro to HTML and CSS by Udacity – Learn HTML and CSS from a free, premium video course by Udacity.
- Interneting is Hard – HTML & CSS seems hard (But it doesn’t have to be). This is a friendly web development tutorial for complete beginners.
- The Odin Project – A complete web development curriculum covering HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby on Rails and NodeJS. This project is designed to fill in the gap for people who are trying to hack it on their own but still want a high quality education. Curriculum is full of projects that will help you build a strong portfolio of work on Github to fill out your resume.
- C++ Programming Tutorial by Caleb Curry – This youtube tutorial by Caleb Curry is everything you need to master C++. It starts with the super basics and works your way to intermediate topics.
- Django Girls Tutorials – Once you’ve finished the tutorial, you will have a small working web application: your own blog. They also show you how to put it online, so others can see your work!
- Try Django 1.9 | Build a Blog and Learn Python’s #1 Library – A free course on Udemy by the Coding Entrepreneurs that teaches how to build a Django Blog, learn Markdown into Django Integration and Django Rest Framework for RESTful API Design.
- Django Tutorial- Tutorialspoint – This tutorial is designed for developers who want to learn how to develop quality web applications using the smart techniques and tools offered by Django.
- Django Tutorials – thenewboston – Official tutorials for thenewboston Django Tutorials for Beginners series.
- Django Tutorials – Pretty Printed – Learn Django in these videos by following along as the instructor show you how to build a simple hello world app and then a guestbook app that uses the templates, models, and form functionality with Django.
- Git Tutorial For Beginners by Simplilearn – After going through innumerable Git tutorials on net and struggling to understand Git commands, here is one tutorial that covers almost everything you require to grasp Git and become fully confident.
- Version Control with Git | Udacity – This is a complete beginner friendly course which covers all the essentials of Git and Github along with the difference between two and provides a hands on approach to the world of Repositories.
- Hyperskill from Jetbrains – This course teaches java through building different projects. Based on difficulty, this makes the course very versatile for beginners and advanced programmers.
- Java for Complete Beginners – John Purcell on Udemy – This is the most popular free Java course on Udemy. If you are a beginner in Java, go for this. It offers a thorough introduction to every Java concept and is taught in digestible sessions.
- JUnit5 Basics by Java Brains – JUnit is defacto standard for unit-testing in the Java ecosystem. The JUnit 5 version contains a number of innovations and support new features in Java 8 and above, as well as enabling many different styles of testing. Below playlist is everything a begginer needs to get started!
- Node.js Crash Course by Traversy Media – This course covers all Node.js fundamentals and teaches the important modules like Path, URL, FS, Events. Thereafter it shows how to create an HTTP server from scratch without Express and deploy everything to Heroku. Its very good for begginers to get a hands-on feel quickly.
- Python for Beginners by Mosh Hamedani – This is easy to grasp highly rated Python tutorial on Youtube. All concepts are explained in crystal clear manner suitable for beginners. In later half, it also dives into 3 practical projects which helps in assimilating all the learning throughout.
Watch videos about books, reading and writing. Expect weird, amazing, never known before facts and many more.
INTERNET / DIGITAL MARKETING HUB
Download free Internet Marketing Ebooks, comprehensive tips & tricks and informative infographics.