42 Free and Paid Programming Resources to Learn Web Development
If you are also on the same cross-road of whether it’s too late to learn Web Development or Programming, then don’t get discouraged. You can do it whenever you want, not just on your late 30s, 40s, but at any age you want. Any serious developer will need to learn how to program in order to really understand what is going on behind the curtain, or if you are curious to wonder about or query how your favorite program works. This is where programming tutorials come in. The following are 42 Free and Paid Programming Resources to Learn Web Development, covering 3 different levels – beginner, intermediate and expert resources.
Free community and toolset to learn to create web pages and apps
Free platform for learning to code in web technologies
Free interactive 1-hour course to learn the very basics of web development
- Treehouse (Web Design, Front End Web Development, Rails, iOS, Android, PHP)
Paid platform for courses how to build websites & apps
- Learn CSS Layout (CSS)
Free tutorial for how to do layout with CSS
Freemium marketplace of courses from third party providers. Quality may vary.
Freemium platform for basic web and app develoment courses
Free beginner to intermediate guides on web development
Mixed directory of courses, videos and other learning resources for web development and programming. Quality may vary.
- Platzi (RethinkDB, SailsJs, NodeJS, Git, Startup Class, etc)
Free Platform for classes on Design, Marketing, Startup and Code. Learn the future of the web.
Free Learn to code and help nonprofits. An open source community of people who learn to code and help nonprofits.
- Vertabelo Academy (SQL, database concepts)
Free SQL courses with interactive exercises and quizzes
- GitHub Learning Lab (Git, GitHub)
Free Self paced, interactive projects to learn Git and GitHub. Created and maintained by GitHub’s training team.
- Grid Garden (CSS)
Free game that teaches the CSS grid system created by https://github.com/thomaspark”>@thomaspark
- Programming Historian (Python, R, Unity, QGIS, HTML, Regular Expressions)
Free Peer reviewed introductory courses for digital humanists.
- Software Carpentry (Python, R, OpenRefine, Unix Shell, Git)
Free Foundational coding and data science skills for researchers.
- Hyperskill by JetBrains Academy (Java, OOP, Gradle, Maven, Spring Boot)
Free teaches programming in Java by creating small applications built step by step
Other Related Posts
- 550 Software and Programming Podcasts for Your Listening Pleasure – 2021
If you’re looking to learn more about coding or any softwares in general, whether to pique your curiosity or prepare you for a career change, here are 550 software and programming podcasts for your listening pleasure. It covers all programming languages imaginable, including general softwares and operating systems as well as podcasts from 17 different languages. Take your pick and happy listening!
- Other free Programming ebooks and resources
- Other free Web Design ebooks and resources
- Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science)
Free platform for computer science and web development courses
- Learn Python the Hard Way (Python, object-oriented programming, web development)
Paid book and course for beginner through intermediate Python programming
Free online book covering all stages of creating a Ruby on Rails application
Freemium platform for video courses on web development and intermediate programming
- Thinkful (Web development, frontend web development, AngularJS, Android, iOS)
Paid platform for mentored web and mobile development courses from industry experts
Free crowdsourced mentorship platform of programming exercises and code reviews
Paid platform for web development courses
- CodeChef Problems (Programming)
Free intermediate to advanced programming problems
- CodingBat (Python, Java)
Free practice problems in Python and Java
Free code challenges. Compare your solution with those of others.
Free Learn to code and game at the same time.
Free programming course material for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
Mixed guided video courses to build products using new technologies
Free Quiz your knowledge of programming
- MIT Courseware (Varied and extensive computer science topics, C, C++, ..)
Free courses from MIT on advanced computer science topics
- EDX (Varied computer science subjects including theory and programming, data science, algorithms, …)
Free courses from Harvard, MIT, and other universities
- Coursera (Varied computer science subjects including theory and programming, data science, algorithms, …)
Free platform for courses from universities and organizations worldwide
- Awesome CS Courses (Varied and extensive computer science topics, …)
Free university-level courses scoured from around the internet.
- Metacademy – Roadmaps / Course Guides (Free graphs of interconnected topics required to master concepts)
- HackerRank (Artificial intelligence, algorithms, functional programming, machine learning)
Free programming challenges and contests
- HackerEarth (Dynamic programming, artificial intelligence, algorithms, functional programming, machine learning)
Free programming challenges, hackathons and contests
- Project Euler (Programming, mathematics)
Free mathematical/computer programming problems
Free programming challenges
Watch videos about books, reading and writing. Expect weird, amazing, never known before facts and many more.
INTERNET / DIGITAL MARKETING HUB
Download free Internet Marketing Ebooks, comprehensive tips & tricks and informative infographics.