Burndown: A Better Way To Build Products
As mentioned in the book, Burndown is a methodology that we’ve worked to perfect at Drift that comes from years of product development experiments at HubSpot and beyond. We’re excited to share the tools and methods that help us execute on a daily basis at Drift. Burndown is the foundation that helps us bring you new, powerful products on the regular that propel our business forward. Speed and flexibility is one of your strongest assets when you’re a startup — Burndown will help you get the most of that.
No matter how talented your product team is, it seems every software company is still plagued by the following:
- No matter how talented your product team is, it seems every software company is still plagued by the following:
- Shipping things too quickly and cutting corners, causing longer-term issues (quick ship releases)
- Not shipping fast enough and frustrating sales, success, marketing, support, etc. (big bang releases)
- Not enough transparency into what the product team is building. Stakeholders feel out of the loop or unclear on exactly what’s coming or being worked on
- A never-ending game of prioritization and shifting priorities