44 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting a Blog: Methods That Made Us Grow to Over 225,000 Visits / Month
Focus on what has already worked for others, do not reinvent the wheel. Starting a blog for the first time is an amazing, yet intimidating experience. Thinking that people are actually going to read – and even share – something you wrote. It’s unlike any other feeling I can describe.
But it’s not all rainbows and butterflies. Starting a blog is hard work, and there are a lot of pitfalls along the way. Especially if it’s your first time. So many pitfalls, in fact, that we’ve come up with a full list of 44 things we wish we knew before starting our first blogs. That way, you don’t have to make these mistakes yourself!
From the ebook, you’ll learn:
- The unique, non-mainstream tools we use to grow our blog and create content.
- What you can do today to get 785% more email signup conversions.
- Why some of our posts have been updated more than 100 times (each) over the last 3 years.
- The tricks we use when promoting on Quora + how we make our responses more visible than anyone else’s.
- Why you should stop writing intros like high school research papers.
- How to bring your old content back to life and make it the cornerstone of your blog, instead of letting it vanish into the archives.
- How to create amazing images for your blog posts + the tools to use if you’re not a Photoshop wizard.
- How to steal your competitors’ keywords, and why it’s awesome.
So grab a coffee and get cozy, we’re about to review everything we’ve learned in the past 5+ years on our way to 225,000 blog visitors a month.