204 Free Art Books from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, often referred to as The Guggenheim, is an art museum located at 1071 Fifth Avenue on the corner of East 89th Street in the Upper East Side neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It is the permanent home of a continuously expanding collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, early Modern and contemporary art and also features special exhibitions throughout the year. The museum was established by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation in 1939 as the Museum of Non-Objective Painting, under the guidance of its first director, the artist Hilla von Rebay. It adopted its current name after the death of its founder, Solomon R. Guggenheim, in 1952.
As a vital part of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation’s mission as an educational institution, the Guggenheim Museum’s Publications Department publishes books and catalogues to document its exhibitions and collections. The Guggenheim released 204 free art books to the public, consisting various titles as early as 1936 till 2005. You’ll find topics and subjects from Classic & Modern Arts, Paintings, Sculptures, Photography, Architecture, Video Art and many more.
Most of the ebooks here are in English, although you may find a few in Italian, German, Finnish, Japanese and Spanish. All common and popular ebook formats are available for download, so don’t worry about options, cause you’ve lots of them.
To list some of the titles included in this collection:-
- Point And Line To Plane : Contribution To The Analysis Of The Pictorial Elements by Kandinsky, Wassily, 1866-1944; Dearstyne, Howard, tr; Rebay, Hilla, 1890-1967, ed.
- The Italian Metamorphosis, 1943-1968 by Celant, Germano; Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum; Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg; Triennale di Milano (1995).
- Kazimir Malevich : Suprematism by Malevich, Kazimir Severinovich, 1878-1935; Drutt, Matthew; Deutsche Guggenheim Berlin; Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum; Menil Collection (Houston, Tex.).
- On The Spiritual In Art : First Complete English Translation, With Four Full Colour Page Reproductions, Woodcuts And Half Tones by Kandinsky, Wassily, 1866-1944; Rebay, Hilla, 1890-1967; Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
- China, 5000 Years : Innovation And Transformation In The Arts by Lee, Sherman E.
- Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele by Messer, Thomas M; Dobai, Johannes; Comini, Alessandra.
- The Great utopia : the Russian and Soviet avant-garde, 1915-1932 by Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt; Amsterdam (Netherlands). Stedelijk Museum; Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.
- Picasso and the war years, 1937-1945 by Nash, Steven A., 1944-; Rosenblum, Robert; Baer, Brigitte; California Palace of the Legion of Honor; Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.