156 Free Ebooks, Tutorials, Tools, Videos and Resources for Web Developers and Designers
- HTML Tutorialspoint
A thorough tutorial on HTML (free pdf/486 pages).
- Learn How To Code In HTML5 and CSS3
A free e-book about making websites in HTML5 and CSS for absolute beginners.
- You don’t know JS
- Guide to Git and Github
A beginner friendly guide to using git and working with Github.
- Introduction to HTTP
Introduction to HTTP, the stateless protocol underlying all of the web.
- Introduction to the Command Line
A short and beginner friendly introduction to the command line, covering common commands that will make you immediately productive.
- A Complete Guide to Flexbox | CSS-Tricks
A comprehensive guide to the Flexbox Layout.
- A Complete Guide to Grid | CSS-Tricks
A comprehensive guide to the Grid Layout.
- Command Line Power User
A video series for web developers on learning a modern command-line workflow with ZSH, Z, and related tools.
- CSS Grid
Complete video course all about CSS Grid.
- Best Of JS
A site to check the best GitHub Repos for your favourite js framework.
A series of interactive courses teaching the world how to code. Offering free and paid subscriptions across a variety of languages.
A tool to get help from experienced developers in various coding languages on your learning journey.
- Conquering Responsive Layouts
Made by Kevin Powell
A selection of courses from highly reputable schools like Stanford and Yale.
- CSS Almanac | CSS-Tricks
A quick reference guide to many features of CSS.
- CSS Grid Playground
A visual guide curated by the Mozilla team to help you learn CSS’s grid layout features with lots of code example and demos.
- Design Resources
Design Resources from Skullface.
Where programmers share ideas and help each other grow.
A free community consists of curated projects from senior developers to help you bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Dicoding Academy
Where everyone can learn programming from fundamentals (Available only in Indonesian language).
A series of University-level courses from Harvard, MIT, Wharton, and more.
Web development video tutorials in “bite-size” segments. Has both free and “Pro” (paid) memberships.
Level up your Flexbox knowledge – an online, Zombie-centric story course.
A free resource incorporating programming projects and interview preparation for developer jobs.
- Frontend Masters
Web development video tutorials from industry leaders (updated frequently). Has both free (limited-time) and paid memberships.
- Full Stack Open
A computer science portal for geeks.
- Khan Academy
A universal online learning platform that also provides the important courses for developers.
Search interactive mind maps to learn anything.
- Mastering Markdown
A Mini Series that will change how you write documentation.
- Mozilla Developer Network
The latest information about Open Web technologies.
- Complete web development tutorials
Lyty.dev complete web development tutorials with well explained examples for free.
Unlimited online developer training from industry experts.
An open, online learning solution offering college credit opportunities for students.
Code-screencast-based learning in a variety of languages.
Many Web development courses. Has both free and “Premium” (paid) memberships.
- Search Courses
A selection of trending courses and tutorials.
A free portal for learning web development.
- Team Treehouse
Self-paced learning across a variety of languages and subjects.
- The Odin Project
An Open-Source Curriculum for Learning Web Development.
- Tutorials point
Tutorials for many different languages with interactive code examples.
Learn anything online – deep learning, machine learning, front end languages.
An online learning and teaching marketplace.
- Web APIs | MDN
Everything a beginner needs to know about Web APIs.
- Web Design in 4 minutes
by Jeremy Thomas.
Free and premium courses in web development.
- Web Dev Tricks
All your CSS, js, jQuery trending codes with source codes in one place. Your handy partner for all types of modern web development and designs.
Guides and resources for modern fast websites by google developers.
- Become a Front-End Web Developer
- Web Skills
A visual overview of useful skills to learn as a web developer.
Other Related Posts
- 1stWebDesigner – Tutorials on WordPress, PSD to HTML.
- Academind – There’s always something to learn. Whether you want to have look at Angular Tutorials or Guides, Vue.js, other Frontend Development Content or Data Science Topics or anything else – you’re probably right.
- Ana Tudor – CSS and SVG animation
- AngularAir – A live videocast all about Angular
- Ben Awad – React, React Native, Redux, MobX, GraphQL, Next.js, software architecture
- Brad Hussey – Tutorials on Bootstrap, SASS, jQuery, PHP, Freelancing.
- CJ Gammon – Snap.svg, Three.js
- ClojureTV – Clojure
- Coding Math – An ongoing series of video tutorials designed to teach you the math you need to understand as a programmer
- CodyHouse – CSS, Sass, tutorials, screencasts
- Computerphile – Lots of videos on general computer science topics
- CSS Grid Tutorial – Use CSS grid to structure and position websites with ease.
- CSS Tricks – YouTube channel of well-known web design and development blog CSS Tricks by Chris Coyier.
- Dennis Ivy – Tutorials on Django & Flask Full-Stack Web Development Projects.
- DesignCourse – Tutorials on UI/UX Design or HTML5, CSS, SASS, Animation Library.
- Dev Coffee – Meteor, React.js
- Dev Ed – Learn web development, web design, 3d modelling, tools like figma and more.
- DevMarketer – Git, Vue.js
- DevTips – Tutorials on HTML5, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, Foundation, jQuery, Ruby on Rails, GitHub.
- Dr Richard Stibbard – jQuery UI
- easydevtuts – Bootstrap, Foundation, Sass
- Elzero Web School – Arabic only.
- Envato Tuts+ – HTML, CSS
- Flexbox in 20 minutes – Quick crash-course on the CSS Flexbox model.
- Git and GitHub for Beginners – Crash Course – Ad-free tutorial by freeCodeCamp.
- GitHub Training & Guides – All about GitHub from GitHub Training team
- Google Chrome Developers – Latest and greatest talks on modern web development with pro-tips, insights, and techniques to help you level up your web development skill.
- Google Developers – Tools, events recordings
- Helping Develop – jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Ihatetomatoes – GreenSock, ScrollMagick, tools
- Jakob Jenkov – SVG
- keyframers – CSS, Sass, animations, tutorials, live coding, screencasts
- LevelUpTuts – Tutorials on HTML, CSS, SASS, WordPress, Magento,Drupal, React, Meteor.
- Mackenzie Child – Design to Code Challenge – Tutorials on UI, how to design & code multiple styles of sites.
- Meteor – Videos on Meteor and stuff around it
- Mindspace – Node.js, Angular, ReactJS, Redux, Vue.js
- Mozilla Developer – Videos for helping you with your work as a web designer, web developer, or person involved making websites or web apps.
- OK GROW! – Meteor, HashBang podcast, Transmission podcast
- Prisma – GraphQL
- ReactCasts – Weekly, short React screencasts containing tips, tricks and tutorials
- Rem Zolotykh – React, Redux, Ember
- RoboSquidTV – Basics of HTML/CSS, CSS animations, live web design
- Sam Saccone – Performance optimization
- Sass Bites Podcast – Sass
- SketchpunkLabs – WebGL 2 screencasts
- Sonny Sangha – Project Tutorials on React, Redux, Next JS & React Native.
- SVGs can do that – Sarah Drasner’s talk on nontypical pratical uses of SVGs.
- TheDigiCraft – Tutorials on HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, Ajax, Bootstrap, MySQL.
- thenewboston – Tutorials on ECMAScript 6, React JS / Redux, Django, Angular 2, Gulp, Git, Python, SEO, SASS, SCSS, Grunt, Illustrator, MongoDB, PHP, Java, Ruby, Objective C.
- Traversy Media – Tutorials on HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, Ajax, Bootstrap, MySQL, ECMAScript 6, React JS / Redux, Django, Angular, Ionic, Gulp, Git, Python, Node JS, PHP, Laravel, Cake PHP, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Programming Tips.
- Up & Running Tutorials – React, Gatsby
- Watch and Learn – Building SPA with Vue.js and Drupal
- Wes Bos – Redux, Markdown, command line, Flexbox, Sublime Text
- Zell Liew – Tooling, tips & tricks
- Coding Blocks
Software development podcasts by a team of professional programmers.
- Frontend Happy Hour
Front end, software, and career development podcasts by industry panelists.
Front end development podcasts by Wes Bos and Scott Tolinski from Level Up Tuts.