Free Superheroes Ebooks & Comics – 12th June is Man of Steel / Superman Day
DC Entertainment released a press release in 2013, declaring June 12 “Man of Steel” day at comic book retailers and bookstores across the U.S. This special day was declared just 2 days before the release summer’s most eagerly anticipated film at that time – Man of Steel. This movie, was a complete reboot and another attempt on this franchise after 7 years from the previous movie starring Brandon Routh as Superman. Comically speaking in the other hand, the character Man of Steel of better known as Superman was created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster, both high school students living in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1933. They sold Superman to Detective Comics, the future DC Comics in 1938, which orchestrated Superman’s first appearance in Action Comics #1 in June 1938. Since then Superman has won many hearts of comic fans and continued to increase in popularity till what you see today.
Not getting into the long history behind this well received superhero, Superman has always been the symbol of hope, stands for what’s best for humanity and defines the true meaning of good. Although Superman isn’t real, a fantasy based character created in the comic world, it carries itself more than just as an entertainment icon but as a source for inspiration, reasons for staying strong and believing that hope is a good thing. It’s never a bad thing to take a leap of faith and see how your life takes you to a journey in the near future.
The Legion of Nothing
by Jim Zoetewey – Read this ebook.
So what exactly do you do during Superman Day? Pretty much on top of our heads, the most common things we all do would be to binge-watch Superman movies and even the tv-series and have parties with a similiar theme. You’ll see congregations of people with capes, with their underwears worn on the outside, not only celebrating the special powers of Kal-El, but what values he brings out of the fantasy world into our real world. The symbol “S” on his chest symbolizes hope which all of us do have in our lives, the believe and hope for a better world for all of us to live together in harmony.
“The symbol of the House of El means hope. Embodied within that hope is the fundamental belief the potential of every person to be a force for good.” – Jor-El
To commemorate Superman day, we’ve compiled a long list of free superhero ebooks, both for adults and children. The download links below are broken up into 3 parts, covering the fiction and non-fiction of superhero themed stories, comics and short stories. A majority of them are only available to be read online, but some do offer downloads in multiple ebook formats for your reading pleasure. Free comics are also available from big names such as DC Comics and Marvel, but the selections are limited. You may also find fan-made comics, accompanied with short stories, which you can explore and of course participate as well if you’re interested. Without further ado, here are the download links:-
Fictions & Non-Fictions
- The Superman by Sri Aurobindo (PDF, EPUB, Kindle)
- Man and Superman: A Comedy and a Philosophy by George Bernard Shaw (All formats)
- 43 Free Superhero Ebooks by Barnes & Noble (Nook)
- 27 Superhero Ebooks by Bookrix (EPUB & Online)
- Class Heroes by Stephen Henning (Online Series)
- 39 Superhero Graphic Novels by Smashwords (All formats)
- Hero Tales by James Baldwin (All formats)
- Animal Heroes by Ernest Thompson Seton (All formats)
- Hero of the Mountain by BubuTales (PDF)
- Hero Stories from American History by Francis Kingsley Ball and Albert F. Blaisdell (All formats)
- The Golden Fleece: And the Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles by Padraic Colum (All formats)
- Good and Evil Online by Michael Pearl, Danny Bulanadi (PDF, MP3 & Online)
- Sword of the Gods: The Chosen One by Anna Erishkigal (All formats)
- Worm by Wildbow (Web Serial)
- The Zombie Knight by George M. Frost (Web Serial)
- The Legion of Nothing by Jim Zoetewey (Web Serial)
- Wonder City Stories by Jude McLaughlin (Web Serial)
- Snake-Boy Loves Sky Prince by Joey Manley (Web Serial)
- Citadel: Training in Necessity by Unillustrated (Web Serial)
- The Descendants by Landon Porter (Web Serial)
- Brennus by Tieshaunn (Web Serial)
- Super Powereds by Drew Hayes (Web Serial)
- Special People by Tim Sevenhuysen (Web Serial)
- The Named by J (Web Serial)
- Rumor’s Block by kingandcommoner (Web Serial)
- True North by Unrak (Web Serial)
- Portal: The Enhanced Series – Book 1 by Jeff (Web Serial)
- Anathema by Chrysalis (Web Serial)
- Stone Burners by Syphax (Web Serial)
- The List by Kris Truitt (Web Serial)
- The Gifted: Utopia by Jeremy D. Hill (Web Serial)
- Godling by J Vandersteen (Web Serial)
- Superman by DC Comics (Online comic)
- Captain Confederacy 1: The Nature of the Hero by Will Shellerly & Vince Stone (Comic)
- Free Superhero Universe Online Comic Books by Superherouniverse (Comic)
- Free Comics by Marvel (Comic)
Short stories with images.
Wonder City Stories
by Jude McLaughlin – Read this ebook.
We hope you’ve been inspired to help to change the world and your own world through these list of stories we’ve prepared above. Taken straight from Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King, “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” We’re planning to incorporate compilation of free ebooks of this nature more into our future posts, covering festival and celebration based themes, so feel free to share your thoughts and feedbacks on this matter. To all readers our there, happy reading, and to all aspiring and all authors currently writing for your next book, keep on going and never give up.
You may want to explore more free ebooks closely related to this topic, which you can find through the links below:-